Copper Extension Tube (Links) for I - Tip Extensions
|Click to enlarge image(s)|
These Extension Tubes are used during the application of Strand by Strand I-Tip or Feather Extensions. They securely hold the extension strand and natural hair together without using heat or glue.
Copper vs Aluminum
Aluminum Tubes are more likely to break if the removal proccess is not done with extreme care.
Copper Tubes are more user friendly for those who are still perfecting their technique.
Benefits of Tubes with Grooves
Extension Tubes with Grooves are especially recommended for those with fine, thin, or silky hair as the grooves inside the extension tubes provide a tighter grip and will keep the extensions in place longer.
How to use Extension Tubes during the application
and removal of Strand by Strand I-Tip Extensions:
1.Use a comb tail or a parting tool to create a straight part in the scalp, secure the top portion of hair
on top of the head using a clip, this will give you access to the hair underneath
which is where the application will take place.
2. Slide the Extension Tube through Pulling Needle, you may insert a few tubes
in at a time, they will sit at the lower portion of the needle, ready to be used.
3. Hook equal amount of real hair (from the loose hair that you parted) and
Extension Hair and pull through link.
4. Slide Extension Tube towards the scalp.
5. Insert tip of Fusion Hair into Link.
6. Use the Extension Pliers to tightly close the Extension Tube.
7. Repeat until desired amount of extensions have been applied.
8. To remove, open Extension Tubes using Extension Pliers and remove Fusion Hair.
Among other names and nicknames, Extension Tubes may also be known as Extension or Micro Links, beads, cylinder, or rings. I-Tip extensions may also be known as Cold Fusion, or Micro Bead Extensions.